Monday, I had to take a break from the Goodspeed and do some work on an old '66 Slingerland that I've been overhauling. It's not a restoration, just a refurb. the wrap is not in great shape but the drums themselves and hardware are in good condition. I stripped all the hardware, soaked it in cleaner, and polished. The shells were cleaned (including removing latex paint from the inside of the bass drum shell) wet sanded and polished along with the bearing edges slightly reshaped and handed sanded. The photos are in progress and the drums a little further along now. I did work on the Goodspeed too.
Wednesday I did more work on the Slingerland and eventually gravitated to the Goodspeed. I started working out some of the math and fabricating to make a starter template for a stick. I did find that there are 2 stripped bolts in the roughing gouge holder that I will have to drill and tap for a slightly larger bolt. Also, I've found a stripped bolt in the template bar. There are some other challenges to overcome and they will be resolved in the coming weeks. This machine was a little more neglected than I was led to beieve.