Also, I've been making adjustments to the automation features.
-Stock loaders are set
-Hopper has been set
-pneumatic steady rest has been adjusted, may need a minor tweak.
-need to adjust time delay for loader drop out when the stock is "dogged"
-stock removal adjusted and functions, may need a tweak or 2.
Built a die lube tank driven by the pneumatic system. Works wonderful!!
The start of the week will entail making dust collector connections and allowing the machine to cycle several times to make sure all functions are in good timing. The oil heater I put on the hydraulic reservoir is working great. It helps warm the oil and reduces strain on the hydraulic pump on startup with the colder temps we've been experiencing here. Lately, it's been about 50-55 in the building when I show up and I'm lucky to get the shop temp up to 60-65 during the day. The concrete floor, brick walls and block ceiling have finally acclimated to the cool outside temps and will not warm up until we have several days of warmer weather. The forecast, however, is saying more cold weather.
By the end of the week I hope to have some 5B 5A 7A and 2B protos in barrel tips. I've got enough straight grain wood for about 100 pair. Hope to go to get more material mid week. Soon I hope to be getting these protos out for some 'beta' testing. Keep an eye out for them here and at Scott's Drum Center.