Early last week at LA Backbeat, I sent out orders for trials of prototype sticks. The reviews are coming back very positive. Feel, balance, playability came back good. Now it's time to work more n the aesthetics along with more tip design.
I ordered some components to do some fabrication on a tool for tips last week. They came in Tuesday and I went in today and spent 5 hours fabricating a tool to shape the ends. I thought I could use a hollowed out grinding stone in the router with some water to keep the hickory from burning. It worked, unfortunately it did not work that good. The hickory grinding made a horrible squeal like stepping on a cat's tail and took too long. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Looks like I'll be designing a tip chucker and having it machined.
Wanted to make an update... it's been a while... I misplaced my hat.